Lead PMO Manager
Edinburgh with Hybrid working
Head Resourcing are recruiting for multiple PMO Leads' to join our client, a large UK bank, as they make the transition to Agile ways of working. You will lead analysts, manage stakeholders and provide perspective on large to enterprise-wide agile projects, including what technology and processes to use and adapt to achieve project outcomes.
The role is based in Edinburgh with 1-2 days a week in the office required, this will be discussed with the hiring manager through the interview process.
Key responsibilities will include
- Developing and implementing stakeholder engagement plans for projects to identify relevant stakeholders and developing positive stakeholder relationships
- Managing the project review process; providing stakeholders with accurate and relevant information and key recommendations at agreed review points to enable them to evaluate progress and agree on a change
- Managing the delivery of assurance reviews within a project, enable the delivery of assurance reviews by independent third parties and take appropriate action to resolve any issues
- Promoting an agile atmosphere within teams and groups by emphasizing nimble action in service of constant customer focus
- Clarifying roles and responsibilities within the project team and ensure project compliance with the organization's wider program and/or portfolio management
Experience and skills required:
- The preferred candidate will have previous experience of leading Agile adoption with a financial services organisation or large professional services business
- The ability to have 'difficult' conversations within the business at all levels as drive change.
- The preferred candidate will have strong leadership skills with the ability to lead teams and collaborate effectively across the business with multi-disciplinary teams
- The preferred candidate will be highly analytical with the ability to provide solutions to complex business issues
- The successful candidate will have very strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to effectively support stakeholders along the journey. There may be occasions when they will have to challenge decisions and be able to effectively negotiate suitable outcomes and solutions.