Head of Governance and reporting (Edinburgh)
An incredible opportunity has presented working with one of our World class Investment clients to appoint a Head of Governance and Reporting to join the leadership team to enhance, develop and implement Security & Resilience Governance framework delivering support and oversight to relevant teams in line with global security standards.
In this role you will lead development, oversight and delivery of 1st line risk strategies, activities and capabilities for Security & Resilience in line with appropriate good practice and regulatory requirements.
You will work with all areas of the business to ensure that risk management practices related to security, resilience and technology are defined, understood and operated by the relevant teams in line with standards and policies reflecting good industry practice.
You will ensure that compliance and regulatory requirements related to security and resilience are understood and reflected in standards and practices across 1st line teams.
You will likely take a proactive approach to seeking out forthcoming updates to the regulatory landscape.
As the lynchpin between the business and the auditors as well as the Senior Board and clients when collating both metrics and narrative reporting, this role will hold a significant visibility within the teams and the larger group.
Key responsibilities for the role will include;
- Work with the senior leaders to enhance, develop and implement Security & Resilience Governance framework delivering support and oversight to relevant teams in line with global security standards
- Working with the Head of Operational Resilience, design and establish reporting and metrics across all Security & Resilience domains, ensuring that there is timely and relevant visibility and reporting for senior teams and boards.
- Maintain, develop and manage the Security & Resilience (PIR) and IT policies as part of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Work with 2nd line function and business area leadership to ensure they are able to provide appropriate and accurate returns for policy compliance.
- Act as senior lead interface across technology and security to External Audit for annual controls auditing, statutory audit and any other external audit requirement.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the SRP leadership team driving continuous improvement, supporting business areas across all areas of SRP and driving a focus on risk reduction.
- Actively lead, develop, coach and mentor a team to maximise performance and engagement and ensure employees are fairly rewarded.
- Maintain ongoing horizon scanning of regulatory and legislative environment as it applies to Technology, Security & Resilience risk for the jurisdictions in which abrdn operates.
- Work with second line to ensure that the business understands proposed / forthcoming regulatory changes and work with relevant teams to undertake high level impact assessment. Where appropriate scope, initiate and establish programmes of work to ensure abrdn is ready for regulatory changes.
- Provide support and guidance to end user areas for EUC and deploy supporting tools.
- Lead projects and initiatives across SRP function or wider areas of COO function as appropriate, identified by Exec or in response to strategic risks or critical issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Proven knowledge of regulations, industry standards and practices across Security, Resilience and Technology Risk.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience across areas of security, resilience and technology including implementation of large-scale complex change, IT service, information security.
- Good understanding of fund management, financial services & the markets they operate in.
- Ability to interpret complex business issues and identify cost effective solutions for effective and practical mitigation and recovery plans.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Complex partner management including C-Suite across the business, operational resilience professionals, senior leadership and Executive teams within the organisation.
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive organisation and promote these values
- Ability to understand and participate in complex projects and influence positive progressive solutions.
- Ability to handle a diverse range of priorities and tasks in parallel on own and within a broader team.
- Ability to adapt to and contribute to change in a positive and constructive manner
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
For further information, please send in a CV