Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Manchester / Home-working
I am looking for a Business Analyst to join an award-winning global corporate travel management company based in Manchester. You will joining a close-knit team of Product and Programme Managers to become the BA Subject Matter Expert, defining and owning the capabilities of companies' business systems. This position works closely with technical stakeholders and colleagues in capturing as-is and proposed changes to processes and systems and supporting them through to realising business case benefits.
* Be the go-to expert for software platforms, product sets and business system capabilities
* Seek solutions and address deficiencies in a product, process or knowledge and managing delivery into production and live use for business across all regional offices
* Define and develop capabilities of an existing product or process in live operation
* Capture and transform business requirements into technical solutions using appropriate techniques such as Use Cases, User Stories, UML diagrams and other artefacts
* Test new functionality as defined and developed with individual and/or instrumental involvement
* Analyse and understand APIs for integrating third-party platforms such as airline reservation and airport operation systems, hotel booking facilities, payment gateways, insurance services etc.
* Run workshops with internal and external stakeholders, and work with third-party providers and experts where necessary, to understand the behaviours and requirements of interface systems
* Demonstrate and present product and resolution ideas both internally and externally to existing/potential clients, supplier partners or third-party providers
Key Experience Required:
* Previous Business Analyst experience delivering business system and process change
* Proven experience of producing appropriate and effective technical and non-technical documentation
* A good understanding of common interfacing and integration technologies and standards
* A good understanding of UML and other common modelling languages and tools
* Knowledge of airline booking tools, Travelport or other GDS systems would be beneficial
* Experience in commercial IT/software delivery, and airline or general travel industry experience
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like more information, please apply with an up to date CV.