Azure SQL DBA (SQL Database Administrator)
Glasgow - Contract
3 months initially
Circa £450-£500 per day, Inside IR35 (working via an Umbrella Company)
A Glasgow based organisation is currently seeking an experienced SQL DBA to join their team on an initial 3-month Contract.
Focussing on the administration of their existing SQL Server instances & provisioning of Azure SQL, the ideal candidate should have a passion for ensuring optimal performance, integrity & security of the database infrastructure, with a deep understanding of high availability, disaster recovery, database optimisations & access controls etc.
To be successful in this Contract, our client is seeking Contractors who are available now/at short notice and who have a skill-set that includes:
- In-depth & proven experience working as a Production DBA in a SQL Server environment, providing support for mission critical applications.
- Strong & extensive experience in performance monitoring & database optimisation tools/techniques, alongside strong knowledge of backup & recovery tools.
- Essential knowledge of databases technologies in Azure with good knowledge of Azure Infrastructures
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside the box when required
- Strong people, communication and inter-personal skills, working on own initiative & as part of a large team
If the above details appeal to you and match your background & skill-set, PLEASE APPLY NOW to be considered for this role. The role will be Inside IR35 and working in a hybrid-way with weekly onsite time required.
Head Resourcing is committed to being an inclusive business where diversity is valued and celebrated.
Diversity to us, includes but is not limited to: educational background, socio-economic background, neurodiversity, age, marriage and civil partnership status, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, race and ethnicity. As such we welcome enquiries and applications from everyone. We will be happy discuss with you any workplace adjustments you need in order to be at your best during the recruitment process.