A well-known and respected Edinburgh based Investment Management client is currently seeking an experienced and well-rounded Tester to join their team.
Joining them on a 6-month initial contract, the role must be engaged via an FCSA accredited Umbrella Company. 2 days per week in the Edinburgh based office will be expected.
The successful candidate will be working on the Client's in-house built application for Asset Allocation. The application stack is made up of an Oracle database, .NET API service layer and Angular client deployed on Kubernetes. This role is dynamic and flexible so there are multiple areas to work on, both manual and automated. The Client is looking for someone who can assess the environment, decide on the best testing technique to use and be able to articulate this decision.
Key skills/experience include:
- Demonstrable experience of both Manual and Automation testing principles
- Understanding the principles of automated testing and the ability to make decisions on the types of tests to automate
- Automated Testing experience with at least one of the following: API Testing in .Net environment; API Testing using Postman; UI Testing in a .Net environment
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum or Kanban) and contributing to stand-ups and retrospectives
- Good understanding of Gherkin syntax
- Basic SQL skills, with the ability to query the Oracle back end for data required for testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate risk coverage, bug reports and gather useful information for the Test Manager and project stakeholders
- Experience within the Asset Management/Investments sector would be beneficial but not essential.
If you have relevant experience and would like to be considered, please apply with an up-to-date CV.
Our Client values diversity and welcomes applications from everyone.