Head resourcing is looking for a Solution Architect for a leading aerospace and defence company. The role is predominantly remote with some occasional office travel required.
We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies. You will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations.
Main duties of the position
To be the solution architect for a particular domain or department responsible for mission critical software solutions. You will be part of a leadership team collaborating with agile software teams.
- Discover, Define and evolve strategic architectures for complex software based systems applicable at an enterprise or organisational level.
- Own the architectural roadmap for your domain, considering the horizons required to support your Product Manager
- Partner with senior stakeholders to ensure architecture designs fulfil functional and non-functional requirements and align with broader architectural goals
- Act as an Architectural Design Authority for the domain and able to communicate risks and impacts of design changes to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Key contributor & independent reviewer at enterprise level architecture reviews
- Act as technical focal point for your domain
- Personal development of key technical team leaders through coaching and mentoring
- Act as an authority on tool, process and environment selection
- Keep abreast of relevant technology changes and incorporate into architecture roadmaps as applicable
- Bring technical context of the wider business to your domain
Candidate Requirement/Essential Skills
The suitable candidate must have demonstrable experience as a software / solution architect or technical lead on projects of significant size and complexity. They will have extensive skills in the following areas:
- Designing software for critical applications. Particularly designing for high availability, scale and resilience.
- Using software design paradigms, specifically Micro Services, Distributed Systems, Hexagonal Architecture and Big Data Platforms.
- Articulating complex designs to both technical and business stakeholders.
- Translating business outcomes into technical approaches.
- Influencing business and technical stakeholders to convey approaches and suggest ideas.
- Building productive working relationships with technical stakeholders
- Creating high-level architectural roadmaps
- Translating theoretical concepts into real world designs
- Practicing high quality engineering practices such as TDD, Pair programming, strong encapsulation, DevOps techniques and SOLID principles.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems
- Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of data
- Experience Working with Agile teams using SCRUM or Kanban
In return you will receive:
- A salary of between £80k - £90k
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% employer contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements.)