Senior Back End Developer (Scotland based - fully remote £60,000-£70,000)
Our client has built an incredible following around their brand since opening in Edinburgh. They are well regarded for what they do and adopt a refreshing attitude towards getting things done.
They help customers to create great experiences.
I am looking for a Senior Back End Developer (Ruby or other modern back-end programming language)
The customer focus keeps people on track and desire to produce the best results and constantly learn is clear to those who work there.
This role will be for a Senior Engineer who will have a significant impact on the technical implementation of the customer-facing features.
- Help customers build great user experiences by working closely with product and design to discover and build solutions that are scalable and performant.
- Advocate for best practices for quality in code, architecture, and design, as well as maintainability, performance, and scalability.
- Work collaboratively with engineers across a variety of domains and time zones.
- Promote a cohesive vision for Product development.
- Readily give and receive feedback to improve our products, teams, and yourself.
- Promote simple and elegant solutions that balance current needs while keeping an eye on the future.
- Expert knowledge of Ruby or any modern back-end programming language
- Experience in solving problems collaboratively.
- Expertise in applying and promoting industry best practices.
- Strong desire to spread your knowledge via presenting and mentoring.
- Enthusiasm for engineering practices such as refactoring, TDD, CI/CD, pair programming, and design and code reviews.
- Readiness to embrace and enhance our clients core principles: #GetBetter #DriveResults #CustomersFirst #BeKind #KeepItSimple.
"Nice to have" requirements:
- Experience working with GraphQL & REST APIs
- Experience in localizing and internationalizing a web application.
- Experience in working with service-oriented architectures.
For a conversation and some context to the role, please pop over your CV. This role can be fully remote but employees must be based in Scotland