Hybrid - Based in the Midlands
Salary - up to £75,000
Role - Consulting Engineer
Head Resourcing are delighted to be partnered with a leading IT and digital Microsoft Gold partner who are looking to recruit an exceptional candidate for a Consulting Engineer role.
This is a field-based role so time will be spent between the office and client sites across the Midlands.
Our client requires a candidate with exceptional technical deployment and troubleshooting skills covering a wide range of technologies. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of network security and associated technologies and be able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach to design, implementation and troubleshooting.
Skills & experience required to be successful:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role or field based / consulting role
- CCNP, Routing, Switching & Security with Data Centre experience in Nexus
- Strong understanding of network security principles and associated technologies
- Experience of troubleshooting complex enterprise networks and associated technologies
- Knowledge of Wide Area Networking technologies and associated routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF and BGP is essential to this role
- Experience of administering and troubleshooting the following technologies and platforms is essential:
- Cisco ISR and ASR Routers (2900/4000/1000ASR)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Cisco Switching (3850/3650/2960X/4500X) and associated technologies such as VTP, STP, VSS
- Cisco Data Centre Switching (Nexus 5K/7K/9K) and associated technology such as VPC and VDC
- IPSec VPN Configuration and Administration
- Cisco FirePOWER IPS
- Cisco FirePOWER Threat Defence
- Cisco SD-WAN o Cisco DNAC and Prime
- Cisco Hyperflex and UCSx
- Cisco Wireless - WLC's (C9800 series)
- Palo Alto Networks Firewalls
- Azure and AWS cloud environments
- Experience of administering and troubleshooting the following is desirable:
- Cisco Meraki Wireless, Security and Switching technologies.
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Cisco ACI - Application Centric Infrastructureo HP and Aruba Platforms
- Cisco DevNet API, SDK
If this sounds of interest to you and you have experience with the skills listed above, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Head Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency.
Are you looking for a different role? Head Resourcing would love to support your search! Join our community of over 26,000 LinkedIn followers by clicking on the Head Resourcing logo and keep updated on our latest IT, Digital and Business Change roles.