Azure Cloud Engineer - Hybrid, Glasgow
Up to £85,000 + benefits (bonus etc)
Head Resourcing are delighted to be working with a global services facilities management company who are now looking for an experienced Azure Cloud Engineer to join the team in Glasgow. Revenues with this client have grown significantly to now over £1 billion as they work to provide services to some of the world's biggest clients.
This role will be responsible for the support of the clients global Azure cloud infrastructure. The successful individual will primarily provide support in the UK but will be part of a globalised support team providing a first-class service to the business from multiple locations and time zones. If you are interested in working in a challenging environment with excellent career opportunities then this is the role for you. The role will have a Glasgow base location and is hybrid working with 2-3 days per month in the office, however there is flexibility with how often you must be in the office.
- Take responsibility for all functions relating to the planning, installation, configuration and operation of the clients Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Ensure IT disaster recovery and business continuity is in place and ready. Carry out risk assessments, Disaster Recovery exercises and create disaster recovery plans.
- Provide technical expertise in a complex hybrid infrastructure environment including Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Configure and manage Containers, CI/CD, Automation, Functions, Serverless, API management, Application gateway, Virtual machines, Virtual networks, Network security groups, express route etc.
- Design and lead the migration of on-premise services/servers to Azure Cloud.
- Technical fault analysis and troubleshooting of Azure VM-hosted business systems.
- Serve as a technical Azure design authority to multiple projects and business units.
- Provide technical assistance and mentoring to other team members.
- Use technical expertise to create innovative solutions that address complex technical and business challenges.
- Undertake root cause analysis of incidents and follow up through the Problem Management processes to ensure identified remedial actions are undertaken to prevent further reoccurrence.
- Provide innovation, research and development expertise, including proof of concepts and workshops.
- Ensure all IT documentation of procedures, processes and solutions are up to date and contribute knowledge base.
- Maintaining technology roadmaps which align with strategic vision, ensuring the supportability, performance, and compliance of network infrastructure.
- Develop Hybrid Cloud standards, best practices, and organisational capability.
- Work with the IT Ops team to deliver infrastructure projects and provide technical support to a wide range of users.
- Responsible for maintaining Azure Cloud and infrastructure services and ensuring its security, availability and reliability, as well as day-to-day incident and problem management of the infrastructure services.
- Manage changes to the Azure Cloud infrastructure to ensure they are kept up to date and ensure the delivery/implementation of agreed technical solutions.
- Be the Azure SME for business projects and deployments.
- To review and monitor the stability of the company services and ensure availability and performance are maximised using Azure alerting, logging and monitoring.
- Configure Azure Networking including VPN Gateways, VNet Peering and express route knowledge, Network Security groups (NSGs), Load balancers & WAF, external DNS Management SSL Certifications and custom domains in Azure and Azure Firewalls.
- Configure Azure Storage including Azure file sync - ideally in a DFSR environment and Azure Backup & DR.
- Collaborate with others to review specifications and then use these agreed specifications to create infrastructure or scripts on Azure (IaC).
- Design and implement cloud solutions which are secure, scalable, resilient, monitored, auditable, cost-optimized, and fit for purpose.
- Implement and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation.
- Ideally educated to S/NVQ for Information/ Communication Technology or good experience similarly role.
- Good knowledge of public cloud infrastructure such as Microsoft Azure including Azure tools. such as Azure Backup and Site Recovery, Azure Monitor, Azure Active Directory, Azure etc.
- knowledge of Azure Infrastructure as code, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS.
- Good understanding of Azure Resource Manager & Azure AD.
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012-2019.
- Azure Operations (Server and/or Networking and/or Security, builds, configuration) ownership of issues to completion.
- Personal skills appropriate to a team leadership position.
- Ability to challenge others.
- Demonstrating initiative and knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Extensive experience in Azure administration.
- Azure Networking included VPN Gateways, VNet Peering and express route knowledge.
- Proven experience in provisioning, operations, and management of Azure environments.
- Azure AD/Azure Active Directory - Hands on experience. Must be able to both administer and configure.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org