Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £90k DOE
I am looking for a VMWare Engineer/SpecialistConsultant to join an award-winning global corporate travel management company based in London.
As a VMWare specialist, you will be a technical expert with hands-on extensive experience of managing and deploying environments in VMWare. You will be an expert in VMWare vSphere ESXi as well as be up-to-date with VCP certification. Further design skills and an understanding of Citrix are highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on experience working with technologies such as Microsoft Windows Servers/AD, SQL databases, Linux, VMware vSphere, Azure, Intune, Office365, Cisco Networking, 8x8, Veeam Backups and SAN storage technologies as well as some Citrix knowledge.
This role would suit an SME, consultant, systems/infrastructure engineer or even an architect.
- Point of contact for service incidents escalated by the IT support team
- Close monitoring, management and performance improvements to key business systems i.e SQL database servers, AD servers, File servers, VMware and Citrix environments
- Patch management of hardware and software of the global estate
- Maintain accurate documentation and designs of systems configurations, architecture, and network/operating procedures
- Execute various change management initiatives; adhering to relevant best practices/procedures; assess the impact of change activity, and determine the appropriate timeframe
- To be available on call for P1 incidents or to carry out ad-hoc out of hours system changes.
Key Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a technical role utilising VMWare.
- Good understanding and experience working in an ITIL framework practices.
- Excellent configuration/troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Awareness of security principles around protection of data on systems
- Strong expertise of technologies such as VMware, Citrix, Office 365 Suite, Azure, Intune, Wintel systems, SAN Storage systems, Cisco Firewalls and Switches as well as Citrix know-how.
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like more information, please apply with an up-to-date CV.
This is a hybrid role in Central London commutable from Greater London and beyond requiring you in the office 3 days per week. Are you currently on the lookout for a new role at the moment? Get in touch and we can have a chat further.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Head Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency.