Head resourcing is looking for a Technical Architect for a leading aerospace and defence company. The role is predominantly remote with some occasional office travel required.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to step up into their first technical architect job from an infrastructure engineer position or someone who is looking to get back into an architecture role.
As a technical architect you will work in conjunction with the wider technology teams and Solution Architects. The role provides the technical leadership, facilitation, analysis, and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise's technical architecture. You will also create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance to assist in evolving the corporate application and technical infrastructure to enable business strategy and deliver targeted business outcomes.
- Work with other (e.g., enterprise, business, information and solutions architects) to analyse business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to derive the technology architecture future state.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Ability to understand the long-term and short-term perspectives of situations and how they relate to achieving targeted business outcomes
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technology alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to enable future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive targeted business outcomes
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of existing, new and emerging technologies that enable and drive new business designs and models
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and be respected as a leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of information principles and processes
- Knowledge of financial models and budgeting
- Understanding of network and security architecture
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, spiral, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronise and stabilise, and DevOps)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
In return you will receive:
- A salary of circa £75k
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements.)