Software Development Engineer Test - Automation Architect (Glasgow £75,000)
A rare and profile building opportunity has been created for our Consultancy client within the Quality Assurance and Engineering Practice based at a key client site in Glasgow.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assess the technology landscape and come up with holistic automation framework, approach and plan to deliver
- Key technical SME to trouble shoot and set up automation
- Deliver towards the automation plan and lead the automation testers
- Communicate progress, challenges and innovation to the senior stakeholders
- Provide a dashboard view to stakeholders on the progress with ROI analysis
Key Skills and Experience :
- Object-oriented programming language: Ideally an expert in Java Springboot PACT testing
- Scripting language: Ruby, Groovy etc. (coding experience)
- Setting up Test automation framework: Junit
- Strong Foundation of Automation framework design patterns (Page Object Model )
- Proficiency in writing REST API automation tests AND/OR Experience in working with micro services, orchestration technologies.
- Build tool: Maven, Gradle, Jenkins/Travis etc. (CI experience)
- Clear understanding of testing methodologies and best practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of applying computer science concepts (design patterns, algorithms and data structures)
- Can assess the technology landscape and recommend automation
- Cloud Experience - Azure, AWS or Google
- Good experience in banking domain
- Strong experience in automation - Selenium, Java, Cucumber, BDD
- Strong non-functional testing in Performance, Security, Accessibility.
- Good experience in working in agile set up
If you feel that you have the depth of experience to apply for this role, please forward a CV and I can arrange a follow up call with you.