A well-known and respected Edinburgh based Investment Management client is currently seeking an experienced and well-rounded Developer in Test / Test Analyst to join their team.
Joining them on a 6-month initial contract, the role must be engaged via an FCSA accredited Umbrella Company. 2 days per week in the Edinburgh based office will be expected.
The successful candidate will be working across the Continuous Improvement and the External Website teams. They utilise both Desktop and Web development applications and the testing tasks includes combination of both Manual and Automation Testing. Technology include Microservice bases application development (C#, Azure DevOps, Oracle database etc). They require someone who can assess the environment, decide on the best testing technique to use and be able to articulate this decision.
Key skills/ essential experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of both Manual and Automation testing principles
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum or Kanban), contributing to stand-ups and retrospectives, with experience of fast paced static testing
- Automated Testing experience with at least one of the following: API Testing in .Net environment; API Testing using Postman; UI Testing in a .Net environment
- Good understanding of Gherkin syntax - Specflow
- SQL skills, with the ability to query the Oracle back end for data required for testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate risk coverage, bug reports and gather useful information for the Test Manager and project stakeholders
- Experience within the Asset Management/Investments sector would be beneficial but not essential.
If you have relevant experience and would like to be considered, please apply with an up-to-date CV.
Our Client values diversity and welcomes applications from everyone.