Software Developer in Test / SDET (.Net, C#, Postman, BDD) needed for our well-known and respected Edinburgh based Investment Management client. The right candidate must come from a Development / Software Engineering background, have strong .NET / C# experience and good Automation Testing knowledge.
Joining them on a 6-month initial contract, the role must be engaged via an FCSA accredited Umbrella Company. Candidates must also commit to 1-2 days per week in the Edinburgh office.
The successful candidate will be working across the Continuous Improvement and the External Website teams. They utilise both Desktop and Web development applications and the testing tasks include a combination of both Manual and Automation Testing, though the emphasis for this role is on Automation. Technologies include C#, Azure DevOps, SQL, Oracle DB, Angular & other Web technologies. They require someone who can assess the environment, decide on the best testing technique to use and be able to articulate this decision.
Key skills/ essential experience required:
- Demonstrable experience in .NET / C# Development
- Demonstrable experience in Automation Testing
- Experience working in an agile environment (e.g., Scrum or Kanban), contributing to stand-ups and retrospectives, with experience of fast paced static testing
- Testing experience with at least one of the following: API Testing in .Net environment; API Testing using Postman; UI Testing in a .Net environment
- Good understanding of Gherkin syntax - Specflow
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate risk coverage, bug reports and gather useful information for the Test Manager and project stakeholders
- Experience within the Asset Management/Investments sector would be beneficial but not essential.
If you are interested, have the relevant experience and are happy to work in Edinburgh 2 days' per week, please Apply Immediately!
Head Resourcing is committed to being an inclusive business where diversity is valued and celebrated.
Diversity to us, includes but is not limited to: educational background, socio-economic background, neurodiversity, age, marriage and civil partnership status, veteran status, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, disability, religion or belief, race and ethnicity.
As such we welcome enquiries and applications from everyone. We will be happy discuss with you any workplace adjustments you need in order to be at your best during the recruitment process.