Our client Schroders Personal Wealth (SPW) is a dynamic new company in the financial advice market who have a brilliant range of roles available across the IT space.
Schroders Personal Wealth (SPW) is a joint venture between Lloyds Banking Group and Schroders - two of the UK's largest names in banking and asset management. We were created to help more people across the UK benefit from financial advice. We have the advantage of solid foundations and a strong heritage, but we take a fresh, transparent, and personal approach to financial planning.
We aim to provide clients with clarity and transparency in everything we do. This includes using technology to explain how long-term financial planning can add value to people's lives; to give people access to information about their financial wellbeing; and to communicate with their adviser when it's convenient for the client.
Our heritage may be 250 years old, but our sights are firmly set on the future.
The newly formed SPW Technology & Engineering function is responsible for building the technology platform to support our new venture. We are entirely in the cloud, taking advantage of powerful commoditised offerings where we can, and building bespoke cloud-native solutions when they can differentiate us from our competition.
About the role
Role Title - Senior Software Engineer
Job type - Full-time, Permanent
Location - Remote with weekly trips into Leeds office
Salary - Up to £70,000 per annum + benefits package (detailed below)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you thrive on a role that gives you autonomy and the ability to make an impact. You are motivated by being a key part of the delivery team shaping future products and services as well as maintaining, troubleshooting and documenting existing applications.
As our next Senior Software Engineer, you'll be joining an Agile team where technology is at the front and centre of our delivery plans. It's a perfect time to be joining us as we are in an exciting growth period, you will have the opportunity to make a name for yourself and be visible at all levels of the company.
Skills and experience required for the role
- Extensive experience working with TypeScript, Node.js and React.js.
- Experience of AWS, particularly serverless technologies.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and delivering cloud-hosted, customer-centric solutions, that are secure, resilient and scalable
- Experience with unit, integration and end to end testing
- Familiar with distributed version control systems like Git
The Amazing Benefits
SPW is committed to rewarding their colleagues in line with market for both fixed pay and benefits, and to link variable reward to the growth in value of their business and individual performance. SPW's benefits package provides you with core elements such as pension and medical cover with the flexibility to tailor these and many more to suit your individual needs.
* You will receive a cash sum of 4% in addition to your basic salary. Exchange your cash sum, for a variety of benefits. Including bikes for cycling to work, discounts on gym memberships and dental insurance; or you can simply receive cash.
* 25 days holiday, with the option to buy and sell holidays.
* Retail Discounts & Cashback is an online shop for hundreds of great discounts from leading high street brands.
* Up to 15% salary pension contribution
* All colleagues are eligible for financial advice with one of our Personal Wealth Advisers, regardless of income or investible assets. We offer a preferential rate for colleagues, capped at £750.
* Free 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme providing confidential support and advice across all the wellbeing elements.
* Private Medical Insurance
* Agile working - Agile is more than flexible working. It's the where, when and what of how SPW work, enabling collaboration to meet the needs of the business.
* Life Assurance - A cash lump sum equal to four times your salary (or eight times your salary if you are a member of the SPW pension scheme and have qualifying dependants) is payable to a beneficiary/ to beneficiaries of your choice should you die whilst employed by Schroders Personal Wealth.
"At SPW, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it, welcome it and recognise the value it brings to our clients and our colleagues. SPW is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we are working hard to increase diversity across our organisation.
We welcome all. All colours, cultures, genders, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us meet our ambitions. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Schroders Personal Wealth is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact and reach their potential. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable adjustments for applicants with disabilities."
If this sounds of interest and you have the relevant experience, please apply for more details.