Senior Database Administrator
Glasgow - hybrid
Up to £60,000
Head Resourcing are pleased to be working with one of Scotland's biggest success stories as they look to hire a Senior Database Administrator. This role will be based at our clients Glasgow office and be responsible for ensuring their database systems are reliable, available, and performant.
As part of the Database Reliability Engineering Team, you will manage all aspects of their on-premises SQL Server estate. This will include planning and implementing high-availability, performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning and ensuring there is robust backup, restore and failover processes. You will also play a significant role in shaping the expanding cloud database system.
- In-depth Microsoft SQL Server knowledge, with proven record of managing a SQL Server estate
- Solid understanding of always-on availability groups, security, and encryption techniques such as Always Encrypted
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based relational databases, e.g. Azure SQL
- Task management, prioritisation, and progress reporting
- Being the point of contact for cross-functional team activity and technical direction
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience with Change Data Capture (CDC) tools
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, such as Terraform or PowerShell
- Experience with Line Management, including running one-to-one sessions
If this role is of interest and you would like to find out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.