🏠 Hybrid - Edinburgh/Glasgow/Manchester
💰 Salary - up to £65,000
🛠 Role - Senior Applications Engineer
Head Resourcing are delighted to be partnered with a global law firm in their search for two Senior Applications Engineers.
With two opportunities on offer, one will be focussed on their existing legal applications, while the other will be involved in multiple projects including this firm's migration to Microsoft Azure.
Location: Hybrid role, with one day per week required in the office in either Edinburgh, Glasgow or Manchester.
The Role: As the Senior Applications Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to oversee and manage the design, build and management of the organisation's complex Enterprise Applications estate. You will be responsible for ensuring the organisation's applications platforms are reliable, scalable, and secure.
- Design, implement, and maintain the organization's applications.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure applications are stable & secure.
- Work closely with other departments and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, cloud engineers, business analysts, heads of function to ensure the organization's applications are meeting their needs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and consultants who provide services and support to the firm regarding the organisation's enterprise applications estate.
- Identify and implement new technologies and best practices to improve the organization's application footprint.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proven experience as a technology engineer and as a senior within a technical team
- Deep understanding of IT design principles.
- Deep understanding of Agile Scrum
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Technology stack
- Deep understanding of cloud computing platforms such as Azure
- Ability to understand complex IT problems and find solutions.
- Experience of running complex IT environments (both legacy platforms & new generation Cloud solutions)
- Manage complex relationships (indirect, senior leader, peer)
- Experience of working within a global distributed IT Department
- Balance the need to track the details that make things happen while always keeping an eye on the bigger picture.
- Excellent written communication, including ability to summarize, frame, and present information in a business consumable manner for senior leaders and boards.
- Highly influential with peers and effectively manages up, to collaborate and deliver goals aligned with the IT strategy.
- Experience managing key stakeholder relationships throughout the wider organisation.
- Experience managing third party vendor relationships.
- Degree in Computer Science or related degree is preferred.