Head resourcing is looking for a QA automation engineer for a multi award winning company based in Dundee. They are a rapidly expanding and have doubled their headcount in the last 12 months and are continuing to expand in both the UK and US.
This role is almost fully remote, with only monthly travel required to Dundee.
Candidates with 2-3 years of experience are ideal for this role but if you have slightly less or more please still apply! Good university experience and 18 months in a good automation role would still be excellent experience for this role.
This role pays between £40k - £50k dependent on experience.
Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
The QA Engineer will be responsible for performing the day-to-day QA activities required within the Agile development team. This includes writing test plans, creating, maintaining and executing automated test suites and performing manual and exploratory testing of new releases & bug fixes where required.
You will work in close collaboration with the developers through the full development cycle to ensure that quality is instilled as early as possible and carried through to the final product. Ensuring that all products meet customer's functional requirements.
Role & Responsibilities
- Create, maintain and execute automated tests to support agile software development and in line with the automation strategy
- Run exploratory and usability tests using various testing tools.
- Follow best practices and assist in driving the QA strategy.
- Help influence developers on how they approach testing, guiding design of development test automation suites.
- Analyse new releases to create appropriate testing plans.
- Expected to support leading an automation-first and test-driven development mindset across the team.
Skills and Experience
- Good experience in building automated functional regression test suites.
- Experience with test automation tools (ideally including Cypress).
- Experience in testing APIs & REST Web services, Websites / Web applications.
- Working experience in Agile development teams and understanding of development processes and concepts.
- Experience with development collaboration and tracking tools such as Jira.
- Ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies and techniques.
- Able to influence and manage internal stakeholders to ensure customer objectives are understood and met.
- Able to manage your own time and handle multi-task delivery, working to short timescales.
- Good analytical mind - problem solving skills; on your own or brainstorming with colleagues.
- Good investigatory skills - able to find, outline and fix issues that arise in system.
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written - to talk about your work with both technical and non-technical people.