Project Manager - Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Up to £55,000 per annum
Head Resourcing is working with an offshore survival products company who are on the lookout for an experienced Project Manager with software and structural engineering design experience to join the team. My client who are developing a remotely operated Search and Rescue (SAR) Service for the Offshore Renewable Industry has specialist expertise in SAR operations, technology integration and automation systems.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a Project Manager to continue this journey with them. This is a hybrid role with working from the office based in Edinburgh city centre 2-3 days per week and working from home the rest of the week. Please be mindful when applying that you will need to be able to commute weekly to the office in Edinburgh.
Working closely with other design disciplines, the clients partner and shipyards, you will be involved in the structural design effort ensuring that requirements are met, and classification approval is achieved. You are likely to have had experience in the design of novel and complex vessels.
You will be responsible for providing a skilled contribution to the design and analysis work for projects within the company and maintaining the technical requirements and the standard of deliverables required within the discipline. You will share your knowledge and experience with colleagues across all disciplines, working in close collaboration on a project by project basis.
The ideal team member is a dynamic self-starter; someone who can work autonomously, identifying opportunities and solving problems. This role will work directly with the company senior management and external partner organisations.
Preferred skillet and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team with agile methodologies and a track record of delivering on time.
- Knowledge of professional engineering best practices, possibly gained in an offshore or maritime environment.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and best practices, and experience in delivering these.
- Proven ability to process technical problems and effectively seek out the correct technical solution using sound engineering judgement.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Commercial awareness, with the ability to ensure that works are being carried out and completed to an appropriate standard and level of detail, measured against the contracted deliverables and tracked against the agreed budget.
- The ability to produce clear and well-presented drawings and plans to a suitable quality and standard.
- The ability to write comprehensive and detailed reports for projects, in a timely manner using technical calculations.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc or MSc level qualification in Engineering, Computing Science or other related discipline.
- Experience of project delivery and team management.
- 3D CAD software and Engineering Design is a plus (Solidworks, Rhino, AutoCAD)
- Scripting/Coding skills a plus (design tools automation)
- A positive, can-do attitude, role modelling a positive approach especially through organisational growth and change.
- Adaptable and flexible - able to adapt quickly during fast growth and changing situations, and to be flexible as the demands of the role may require.
- A proactive self starter able to solve problems and instigate solutions.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a small team.
- Calm and able to think on feet.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org