Head resourcing are looking for an experienced Network Engineer within the UK Information Technology function. The function is responsible for the delivery of IT services to all UK based divisions to successfully enable our expanding business and assure operational delivery of critical functions and services that are reliant on all aspects of technology.
The role is primarily responsible for the design, support, maintenance and overall operation of the companies network estate. The successful candidate will ideally be qualified to expert level in core network technologies and is responsible for providing expertise, technical leadership of change to network infrastructures and key projects and programmes and input to the design and operation of the companies LAN/WAN infrastructure.
This role is fully remote but ideally will be within travelling distance of the offices in Essex or Glenrothes.
- Provides defect management through innovative complex problem solving to support the successful transition of network services to live
- Supports critical activities associated with the network infrastructure and telecommunications services. Including switching, routing, encryption, security, optimisation, VoIP, wireless and appropriate management tools.
- Responsible for all aspects of technical network configuration and device hardening across hardware, software, cabling, bandwidth engineering, configuration planning, administration, and support of data and voice communications networks.
- Supports project/programme managers across the project lifecycle providing key artifacts such as high- and low-level designs, estimates for relevant technical work and troubleshooting for effective defect management
- Production of innovative safe and secure network solutions that comply with RTX policies
- Ensure all work is documented to highest standard (designs, operational support guides)
- Responsible for ensuring network design changes integrate seamlessly with the existing environment and implementation occurs in accordance with enterprise standards
- Collaborate with operational teams as necessary to ensure safe transition of services
- Be accountable for making network changes in line with change governance processes and standards
- Deep knowledge of network systems, including design, troubleshooting, infrastructure (hardware, software and telecommunications), maintenance and operations.
- Direct experience in building scalable and highly available distributed networks.
- Experience problem solving and troubleshooting complex, distributed network systems.
- Expert in routing and switching - CISCO IOS and NX-OS knowledge is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls
- Experience of configuring and troubleshooting VoIP, DNS, IPAM, VPN & IPSec, BGP & OSPF routing, load balancers, optimisation technologies and proxies in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to learn complex systems and business processes and define requirements for solutions.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence technical experts in other technical competencies
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
In return you will receive
- A salary of up to £50k
- Bonus - up to 4% base salary
- Pension (employee contribution min 4% will result in employer contribution 10.5%)
- Holidays 25 (up to 27 after 5 years) not including bank holidays
- 37 hours per week with flexible working patterns and early Friday finish from 12 noon
- Life cover x6 base salary
- Fully remote with an office in Glenrothes for very occasional travel.
- Free Parking when on site
- And lots more such as Dental cover, critical illness cover, gym, retail and technology discounts