Java Developer (1 day in Edinburgh office)
I am working closely with an Aerospace client to find a Junior / mid level Java Developer with some commercial experience in Java or Python.
As part of this team, you will be at the forefront of developing cutting-edge spacecraft ground software and software tools. This role offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing development of the ground software products, taking ownership of specific areas of functionality and driving their design and development.
Our client are dedicated to the development of both new and existing ground software products. As a Java Developer, you will play a key role in maintaining the current products, contributing to the development of new ones, and actively participating in all stages of the process, from design and testing to providing support both internally and externally. Collaboration is crucial to success, and you will work closely with other development teams in the company to ensure a cohesive suite of software products. Agile practices foster a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
As a member of the Ground team, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and designing elements of the ground software.
- Contributing to the design of ground software functionality.
- Designing, maintaining, and integrating archiving solutions.
Essential technical skills for this role include:
- Familiarity with Java or Python (or the ability to learn quickly).
- Experience in developing and debugging high-quality code, adhering to best coding practices.
- Proficiency in all stages of software engineering, from design to documentation, following a specified development process.
- Application development experience.
- Understanding of database schemas and query languages.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases.
In addition to these essential skills, the following technical skills would be highly desirable:
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of space systems in a commercial or academic context.
- Experience working in collaborative Agile teams.
- Familiarity with model-based and/or component-based software engineering.