Head Resourcing is working exclusively with a FinTech company who are looking for an experienced Java Developer to join the team. In the role you will be working on and maintaining a range of services across the company. With a 30+ year history they are at the forefront of technology and offer great development opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include,
· Develop, maintain and enhance web based components while adhering to company quality standards.
· Develop high quality, fit-for-purpose code that meets the business, architectural and security requirements.
· Create and maintain development artefacts and documentation for existing services.
· Create detailed technical and design specifications in response to new business concepts/ outline specifications.
· Provide accurate estimates for all development activities to assist the Technical Leads with estimating project costs/timescales.
· Assist in the delivery of all development activities to the budget, timescales and quality criteria of the relevant development project or maintenance release through the complete project life cycle (and during the post release warranty period).
· Ensure ongoing awareness of current and emerging technologies and suggest how these could be introduced to benefit the company.
· Be able to research and implement new technologies from scratch to undertake Proof of Concept (PoC) type activities.
Essential Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will ideally have experience in the following technical areas:
- Java (or another JVM based language)
- Cloud-based application development (ideally on AWS)
- Infrastructure as Code (ideally Terraform)
- OAuth / OIDC
It would be advantegous if you have an interest in Identity and Access Managment
What's in it for you?
This role offers a fantastic package, combined with excellent training opportunities and huge scope for future development. The salary on offer will be competitive, commensurate with your skills and experience. On top of this there is a generous benefits package, which includes:
· Annual performance related bonus
· 11% non-contributory pension
· Excellent holiday entitlement
· Critical illness cover
· Private medical insurance
· Group life cover (4 x annual salary)
· A very useful flexible benefits package which allows you to choose your preferred options from a selection including additional holidays, bicycle leasing scheme, golf/sports club membership, travel passes, etc.
The client operates a flexible working policy which means you'll be free to work from home as little or as often as you want (with agreement from your line manager).
Interested. Please apply to find out more.