IT Senior Systems Engineer
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: up to £70k DOE
I am looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to join an award-winning global corporate travel management company based in London.
As the Systems Administrator/Engineer, you will be a technical expert with hands-on experience of building designing and implementing hardware and software solutions as well as troubleshooting escalated service incidents from the support team.
The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on experience working with technologies such as Microsoft Windows Servers/AD, SQL databases, Linux, VMware vSphere, Citrix Virtual Desktops, Azure, Intune, Office365, Cisco Networking, 8x8, Veeam Backups and SAN storage technologies. You will have worked previously in a 3rd line support/Systems Administrator position and come with strong analytical, diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
Ideally you will have extensive VMWare knowledge and commercial experience deploying and managing environments as well as some Citrix know-how.
- Point of contact for service incidents escalated by the IT support team
- Close monitoring and performance improvements to key business systems i.e SQL database servers, AD servers, File servers, VMware and Citrix environments
- Patch management of hardware and software of the global estate
- Release management of software in Citrix Virtual Desktops
- Maintain accurate documentation and designs of systems configurations, architecture, and network/operating procedures
- Execute various change management initiatives; adhering to relevant best practices/procedures; assess the impact of change activity, and determine the appropriate timeframe
- To be available on call for P1 incidents or to carry out ad-hoc out of hours system changes.
Key Experience Required:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Team Leader role or 3rd Line support role.
- Good understanding and experience working in an ITIL framework practices.
- Excellent configuration/troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Awareness of security principles around protection of data on systems
- Strong expertise of technologies such as VMware, Citrix, Office 365 Suite, Azure, Intune, Wintel systems, SAN Storage systems, Cisco Firewalls and Switches If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like more information, please apply with an up-to-date CV.
This is a hybrid office-based role in Central London commutable from Greater London and beyond requiring you in the office 3 days per week. Are you currently on the lookout for a new role at the moment? Get in touch and we can have a chat further.
Candidates of all ages and backgrounds will be considered for this role. Head Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency.