Up to £60,000
Hybrid working - 2 days a month in Edinburgh
Your new company
Head Resourcing are pleased to be working with one of our third sector clients who are a Scottish conservation charity that's mission is to preserve Scotland's natural environment and heritage. Their responsibilities include, but are not limited to, looking after some of Scotlands famous Munroes and miles of the Scottish coastline. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a fantastic Scottish charity, helping to drive forward their infrastructure team.
What the role involves
Your new role as an infrastructure manager involves the maintenance and upgrades of the company's infrastructure in line with their 10 year objectives. As the team is comprised of 3 people the role will be split between management of the team and hands on technical work. This can range from fixing faults the organisation is having with the Microsoft stack to developing strategies and procedures for the effective management of the IT infrastructure. Candidates with experience working in a 3rd line support role as well as managing a small team would be ideal for this role.
Responsibilities of the position
- Overall management and responsibility for the IT Infrastructure and systems architecture. Consisting of data centres, LAN, WAN, and wireless networks, virtualisation, storage, servers, telephony, and Microsoft SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS services.
- Own, manage and review backup and recovery plans, creating new policies for successful delivery of business continuity, disaster recover, cyber security, and mitigation of critical risks
- Development of short-, medium-, and long-term plans to develop our clients IT Infrastructure
- Manage the day-to-day activities of IT Infrastructure and security staff
What you will need to succeed
- Significant experience working with IT infrastructures and systems architecture (either general, or with a specific specialism in one area such as networks, storage, or servers - but with a broad knowledge of all areas)
- Hands-on in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Cloud service provision and security
- Working Knowledge of Office 365
- In-depth knowledge of Active Directory domain services.
- Experience with automation tools such as SCOM, Intune, SCCM or similar
- Knowledge of infrastructure security management principals and best practice
- Experience in a team lead or management role in the past
If this role is of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.