Head Resourcing is recruiting for an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join the core Digital Technology organisation. The function is responsible for the design, management, maintenance and upkeep of the Data Centres and supporting infrastructure in 2 main locations in the UK. The role will ideally be once a week in the office but for candidates who live far away from the main hubs once every 2 weeks to a month is an option.
Its important to note that for the top end of the salary band an individual will be required to have in depth VM-Ware experience or Microsoft SCCM experience. Candidates with less experience will still of course be considered!
- Responsible for the agile delivery a of reliable, secure, and cost-efficient IT infrastructure
- Plays a key role in operational Data Centre and hosting improvement projects.
- Works with functional leadership to develops long term vision of your new companies IT Data Centre technologies and solutions.
- Research and identify the most appropriate technologies and services
- Effective maintenance of secure and stable IT platforms for the business.
- Ensure all services are appropriately documented.
- Engage closely with the rest of the department working towards achieving stable and reliable operations
- Experience in the following technology areas such as: Server Hardware and Storage, Vsphere, Active directory.
- Implementation, support and administration of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Demonstrated expertise in Windows Active Directory (DNS/Group Policies)
- Knowledge and solid understanding of industry best practices in Private and Public Cloud provisioning
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and influencing, at all levels within an organisation.
- ITIL qualifications and practical application experience within a service centric organisation
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Science, or Mathematics, although significant experience and track record with tertiary qualifications is acceptable.
- SC cleared or the ability to become SC cleared.
In return you will receive:
- A salary of between £40k - £60k
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday (hours may vary depending on role, job requirement or site specifics arrangements.)