Head of Software Development (Dynamics 365) - Hybrid, Glasgow
Up to £95,000 + benefits (bonus etc)
Head Resourcing is looking for an experienced Head of Software Development to join a facilities management company in Glasgow. Revenues with this client have grown significantly to now over £1 billion as they work to provide services to some of the world's biggest clients. This is a hybrid role with working from the office near Glasgow, however the client is very flexible with how often you must be based onsite. Due to the nature of this role it is essential you have working experience using Dynamics 365.
The Head of Development manages a number of development and test teams that are responsible for delivering solutions that meet the requirements set out by the Product team. They are responsible for end to end delivery of the technology solutions defined including technical design, construction, unit, systems and integration testing. They are also responsible for the non-functional deliverables set out by the Enterprise Architect.
The role is also responsible for setting a positive and vibrant culture within their department with clear colleague development and engagement plans.
- Set and continually adapt a department structure to ensure successful delivery of solutions in the most efficient manner.
- Create a culture of autonomy, colleague development and team engagement.
- Work with the Product team to define solutions to their requirements and agree backlogs of prioritised work.
- Ensure all agreed deliverables are completed on time and to an agreed quality standard.
- Ensure all non-functional requirement and built into the solutions, are tested and measured in production. For example stability, performance, security, etc.
- Create solutions that have a maintainable service orientated architecture to future proof our applications.
- Create an environment of measurable continual improvement.
- Report a clear dashboard of agreed operational key results, and key performance indicators to the CTO. This must include people engagement, quality, cost efficiency and throughput measures.
- Manage the budget of the department to agree levels with the CTO and CFO.
- Agree short (quarter), medium (annual) and long term (3-5 year) technology, process and people plans with the CTO.
- Carrying out regular catch ups, one to one's and appraisals with the team ensuring that any performance issues and areas of development are identified and acted on.
- To ensure self and team comply with all company policies and practises consistently.
- Ensure personal development reviews for all colleagues are conducted and provide support, coaching and guidance including PDP and CPD.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and/or responsibilities as may be required.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in an IT related subject.
- Managing large multi-skilled teams.
- Experience of digital platforms and/or ERP solutions.
- Programme delivery.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 projects - Power Platform, Customer Experience, Finance & Operations.
- Strong leadership skills including leading managers.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Influential within a team and with senior management.
- People focused.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org