Head of Infrastructure Delivery (£100,000-£120,000 with an impressive package)
Head Recruitment are delighted to be working with our global Financial Services client to appoint a Head of Infrastructure Delivery to join them on a permanent basis. Although there will be an expectation to travel to Edinburgh for 1-2 days per month on a business needs basis, this role can base based anywhere in the UK.
The Head of Infrastructure Delivery Head will be accountable for delivery of the portfolio of infrastructure delivery projects that support all of the change projects within the business.
The multi-million-pound infrastructure change portfolio is delivered via an outsourced partner and this role holder will play a key role in facilitating the delivery of change by the partner on behalf of the business teams. This is a pivotal role, facilitating all change delivered across the organisation, delivering new or extended capabilities to the business.
The role will report directly to the Head of Enterprise Services and be part of the senior management team for Enterprise Services.
In addition to infrastructure delivery the role will be accountable for Service Design across Enterprise Services and on behalf of Group Technology, ensuring that new services are designed in such a way that they can be added to the estate effectively and are fully supportable.
The ideal candidate:
- This is primarily a leadership and supplier management role so detailed technical knowledge is not a pre-requisite but understanding of delivery of a range of technologies is required
- Proven track record working in a senior technically focused role in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Strong vendor management skills and commercial awareness managing multimillion pound sourcing contracts
- Significant experience managing delivery via a strategic supplier
- Broad knowledge of the technologies underpinning the service you provide
- Experience of delivery of large portfolio of projects with a value of circa 4M
- Extensive experience of managing demand and portfolio management including managing different priorities.
- Effective negotiation skills and the ability to successfully persuade and influence others - in particular towards Strategic suppliers.
- Highly developed business partnering skills managing relationships and requirements through all areas of the business.
- Highly customer focused and outcome centric
- Commercially aware with a focus on ensuring suppliers fulfil to promise - and to manage conflicts between suppliers where they arise.
- Ability to manage and inspire a team including both internal, contractor and supplier team members.
Challenges will include driving the change internally and resourcing
- Needs to be someone well versed with running transformation
- Staff is a mix of internal, contractors, work packages, augmented resource
- Ideally you will be used to:
- Solving issues
- Unpicking challenges between multiple parties internal and external
- Cloud experience ideally
- Waterfall type delivery experience
- Delivery Assurance Managers - manage relationship between internal and 3rd party delivery, expectation management
- Team of PM's - manage cloud migrations, technical obsolescence
- Managing 3rd party is very important, optimising the service, managing internal expectations
- Financial services experience is not required, although they would prefer someone with experience in a highly regulated environment where they are used to IT audit, risk management, regulatory frameworks
For additional information and an opportunity to consider this role, please send a CV to EFraser@Headresourcing.com