Head of Data Centre Operations - Glasgow (Hybrid)
Up to £90,000 per annum +bonus
Head Resourcing are pleased to be working with one of Scotland's biggest success stories as they look to hire a Head of Data Centre Operations.. Our client is headquartered in Glasgow with state-of-the-art office facilities; however, they support hybrid working with two or three days per week required in the office. Please be mindful when applying that you will need to be able to work in Glasgow two or three days per week.
As Head of Data Centre Operations, you will manage a team of platform and network engineers and ensure the security, availability, and reliability of the company data centres.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in virtualization and hyperconverged infrastructure, running enterprise Windows and Linux applications and services.
This role requires excellent management skills and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
In addition, you should possess a strong understanding of hybrid cloud environments, combining on-premise infrastructure with public cloud.
- Lead and manage data centre teams; providing guidance, mentoring and support to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Ensure the security, availability, and performance of data centre infrastructure, including servers, storage systems, networking and virtualization technologies.
- Implement and maintain best practices for data centre operations, including monitoring, capacity planning and disaster recovery.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, implement and maintain solutions.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to enhance the efficiency, security, reliability and scalability of the company data centre infrastructure.
- Manage the integration of on-premises infrastructure with public cloud providers, ensuring seamless hybrid operations.
- Be a strong advocate for Infrastructure as Code to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration management.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with vendors and suppliers to procure and maintain equipment and services.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Academic or vocational qualifications in computing or engineering.
- Extensive experience in managing data centres, preferably in a leadership role.
- Experience operating within an ITIL framework.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., vSphere), hyper-converged infrastructure (Cisco HyperFlex), Windows, and Active Directory.
- Proficient in hybrid cloud environments, ideally in Azure.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills to quickly resolve issues and ensure minimal downtime.
- Strong project management skills to lead short, medium and longer-term initiatives and drive results.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal teams, vendors and stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and motivate teams, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Leadership: ability to lead and inspire a team, set clear goals and provide guidance and support.
- Communication: excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Adaptability: willingness to embrace change, adapt to evolving technologies and handle unforeseen challenges.
- Problem-solving: strong analytical and critical thinking abilities to identify and resolve complex technical issues.
- Collaboration: ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and external partners to achieve common goals.
- Attention to detail: ensure accuracy and precision in data centre operations and documentation.
- Mentoring: a desire to teach and inspire current team members as well as future graduate and modern apprentices.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more, please apply or send your CV to email@example.com