Head of Application Services
Head Resourcing are looking for the head of applications services for a defence company. The role can be based in either Glenrothes or Harlow Essex roughly 2 days per week. And requires office presence minimum of 5 days a month. Due to the nature of the industry a candidate has to have a UK passport and have no career gaps for longer than 6 weeks. In this role you are accountable for the delivery, support and maintenance of applications used across the company including SAP, Cognos, Windchill and a broad set of applications supporting corporate, engineering and manufacturing users. You will own the BI Strategy for the organisation providing fit for purpose tools to enable and empower our user base.
This role is ideal for a candidate who is experience at driving multiple technology teams forward and who is a good understanding of the underlying technologies they will be working with. Strategic skills and technical understanding are vital for this job.
* Leading the teams who deliver, support and maintain enterprise wide applications
* Transforming our application services approach with the creation and delivery of an effective applications services strategy and road map incorporating our journey to cloud.
* Engaging with stakeholders across the organisation to ensure their needs are understood and to build the application services to meet the stakeholders needs.
* Manage technical debt across the application portfolio
* Support our implementation of Industry 4.0 by modernising the manufacturing tools provided
* Experience in leading application deliver teams in an Enterprise capacity.
* A leadership style that will empower others, inspire growth and success
* Demonstrable understanding of industry standard best practices.
* The ability to provide expert technical guidance and coaching.
* Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions.
* Trusted and respected as a technical leader who can influence and persuade others.
* Strong commercial, vendor management and partner relation skills
Benefits: * A salary of £85k - £95k dependent on experience
* A £5.4K car allowance.
* A 6% bonus
* Private Medical Insurance * 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
* Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
* 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
* Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
* 37hr working week, with an early finish Friday.
Back to job search
£85000 - £95000 per annum
19 days ago