Front End Engineer - Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Up to £65,000 per annum
Head Resourcing is working with an offshore survival products company who are on the lookout for an experienced Front End Engineer to join the team. My client who are developing a remotely operated Search and Rescue (SAR) Service for the Offshore Renewable Industry has specialist expertise in SAR operations, technology integration and automation systems.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a front end engineer to continue this journey with them. This is a hybrid role with working from the office based in Edinburgh city centre 1-2 days per week and working from home the rest of the week. Please be mindful when applying that you will need to be able to commute to the office in Edinburgh weekly.
In this role, you will work together with similar minds in a unique development team where your skills and expertise will be put into our products. This role is highly multi-functional and you will work very closely with various highly skilled software development / ML engineers developing ground breaking algorithms.
Must have experience:
- Experience of professional software engineering practices including full development lifecycle (product life from concept to production system). E.g.
- Systems design goals including initial operating capabilities, extensibility and maintainability.
- Real time engineering systems i.e. interaction between synchronous and asynchronous systems.
- Understanding of importance of testing and validation from requirements through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Solid User Interface development experience with tools such as React.
- Experience with real-time streaming video.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with working with cloud services such as AWS and Google Cloud.
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB and MySQL.
- Experience with computer vision; key areas of interest include: image manipulation, classical object detection, tracking and recognition; multiple view geometry, activity recognition.
- Experience with development using Augmented Reality platforms.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org