Deputy Data Protection Officer
Up to £40,000 / Hybrid working / Edinburgh
Head Resourcing are delighted to be working with one of our Third Sector clients as they look to hire a Deputy Data Protection Officer. This position will play a crucial role across our clients organisation, taking the lead on numerous projects and supporting the Data Protection officer in advising our client and monitoring compliance with UK and EU privacy legislation due to the increasing risks associated with data protection and cyber security.
- Support colleagues across the organisation with specialist advice and practical guidance on the implementation of privacy management policies and procedures.
- Assist in the recording, monitoring, and reporting of risks associated with data processing activities and identify actions that can be taken to mitigate risk.
- Support the annual review of all privacy management policies and procedures in line with legislative changes and organisational requirements.
- Support the delivery of mandatory training in data protection, cyber security, and PCI DSS.
- Process data subject rights requests, including Subject Access Requests, Erasure Requests and Objections to Processing, in line with the legislative timescales.
- Promote and advise on the application of data protection by design and default when developing new systems and processes across the organisation.
- Work alongside internal stakeholders to contain, recover and respond to data breaches and cyber security incidents.
- Support the delivery of data protection and cyber security projects as required.
- Excellent knowledge of data protection legislation, including those relating to direct marketing
- Experience of handling complex information management / compliance / data protection queries
- Experience of managing multiple projects and tasks with changing priorities
- Experience of influencing others through the provision of expert advice and analysis of data
- Ability to respond to complex and varied privacy management queries, working on own initiative and with minimal supervision
- Postgraduate information management / compliance / data protection qualification or demonstrable practical experience in an information management / compliance / data protection role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
This is an exciting opportunity to apply and expand your skills in a welcoming and supportive team environment. By working alongside your colleagues and providing valuable insight through your experience, this will be a rewarding role in which a great deal can be achieved.
Remote interview and onboarding. Hybrid working with a split between home working and being on-site at our client's Edinburgh office (1 days per week).