Cyber Security - Operations Manager
Glasgow - hybrid working - £65,000 + benefits (10% annual bonus)
Head Resourcing are pleased to be working with one of Scotland's biggest success stories as they look to hire a Cyber Security Operations Manager. Our client is headquartered in Glasgow with state-of-the-art office facilities; however, they support hybrid working with two or three days per week required in the office.
This role will play a critical role in ensuring our clients Cyber Security teams ability to identify, detect, and respond to all security alerts generated from their information systems. The successful candidate will work closely with internal teams as well as with our clients managed service partners to ensure all events and alarms are investigated to completion in line with our clients Cyber Security policies and standards.
- Service Management of security partners ensuring high levels of performance are delivered across detection, response, and recovery.
- Developing cyber incident response plans, playbooks, and processes that allow security operations team to respond to incidents rapidly and effectively.
- Building effective security operations capabilities and using purple team engagements to tune and validate detection tooling.
- Working collaboratively with IT teams to remediate vulnerabilities identified through red team engagements, penetration testing, and vulnerability scanning.
- Planning and coordination of large-scale security incident response, remediation and recovery efforts involving multiple parties and teams.
- Manage the delivery of daily/weekly security reports.
- Manage Email security monitoring.
- A robust understanding of:
- The typical techniques used by attackers, ranging from E criminal to state affiliated groups.
- Preventing and detecting common attacker techniques and the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Tuning and configuring cyber security tools, for example SIEM and EDR tooling.
- How enterprise IT networks, Active Directory and Azure AD operate.
- Service Management of key partners
This role comes with excellent benefits such as discretionary bonus and private healthcare and can be worked on a hybrid basis. If this is of interest, please apply or email your CV to email@example.com for a confidential chat to find out more.