Back End Engineer - Edinburgh (Hybrid)
Up to £65,000 per annum
Head Resourcing is working with an offshore survival products company who are on the lookout for an experienced Front End Engineer to join the team. My client who are developing a remotely operated Search and Rescue (SAR) Service for the Offshore Renewable Industry has specialist expertise in SAR operations, technology integration and automation systems.
Due to continued growth, they are looking for a Back End Engineer to continue this journey with them. This is a hybrid role with working from the office based in Edinburgh city centre 1-2 days per week and working from home the rest of the week. Please be mindful when applying that you will need to be able to commute to the office in Edinburgh.
In this role, you will work together with similar minds in a unique development team where your skills and expertise will be put into our products. This role is highly multi-functional and you will work very closely with various highly skilled software development / ML engineers developing ground breaking algorithms.
Must have experience:
- Experience of professional software engineering practices including full development lifecycle (product life from concept to production system). E.g.
- Systems design goals including initial operating capabilities, extensibility and maintainability.
- Real time engineering systems i.e. interaction between synchronous and asynchronous systems.
- Understanding of importance of testing and validation from requirements through the entire software development lifecycle.
- Solid experience of developing and deploying real world operational systems.
- Using Python.
- Using CI/CD tools.
- Solid experience with image and video processing; key areas of interest include image manipulation, multiple view geometry, classical object detection, object tracking and recognition, working with multiple video feeds.
- Databases such as MongoDB, MySQL.
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with working with cloud services such as AWS and Google Cloud.
- Understanding of machine learning technology and experience on turning machine learning technologies into practical, state-of-the-art systems.
- Experience using C++ for image processing, esp. with CUDA.
If this role sounds of interest and you would like to have a confidential chat to find out more, please apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org