🏠 Hybrid - Glasgow/Edinburgh/Manchester
💰 Salary - up to £68,000
🛠 Role - Application Team Leader
Head Resourcing are delighted to be partnered with a global law firm in their search for an Application Team Leader.
You will play a crucial role in the day-to-day operational support of the firm's application portfolio (Circa 80 Apps) (Application Support team of 18 Members). You'll collaborate with software vendors, internal teams, and stakeholders to manage escalated and challenging tickets, conduct technical analysis, and contribute to projects that enhance The IT solutions. Your responsibilities will include troubleshooting, maintaining system health, providing training, and contributing to continuous service improvement.
Location: Hybrid role, with one day per week required in the office in either Manchester, Glasgow, or Edinburgh.
Are you ready to take your IT career to the next level and lead a dynamic team in a diverse and inclusive environment? We are looking for an Application Operations Team Lead to play a crucial role in managing the application portfolio.
The Role: As the Application Operations Team Lead, you will be at the forefront of the Information Technology department, ensuring the seamless operation of the application portfolio. Your role will be instrumental in resolving complex issues, managing a team of Application Operations Analysts and Engineers, and participating in IT projects.
- Set and communicate short-term goals to drive team success.
- Lead incident and problem response for applications, bringing together team members and vendors when needed.
- Monitor and administer applications, including automated monitoring solutions.
- Play a vital role in resource planning and maintaining the team's knowledge of current and upcoming technology.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams towards a common connected purpose.
- Serve as a point of contact for major incidents and security incident response.
Expectations for the Application Operations Team:
- Provide 3rd and 4th line support for all applications within the environment.
- Resolve escalated and highly problematic issues, utilizing vendors when necessary.
- Proactively monitor applications to ensure performance, stability, and functionality.
- Perform preventative maintenance and updates across the application stack.
- Adhere to Change Management processes.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of new applications and create technical knowledge base articles.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Years of Experience: 5-10 years within IT.
- Experience of working in the legal sector.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to handle conflict and represent the team effectively.
- Problem Identification & Critical Thinking: Deep knowledge of supported solutions and the ability to solve complex problems.
- Technical Breadth & Depth: Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas with a detailed understanding of system interactions.
- Task Control & Escalation: Ability to recognize potential large-scale issues or recurring problems and lead the response.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of a global team.
- Staying updated on changes and new developments in your area of expertise.
- Demonstrating clear leadership and mentorship to your direct reports.
- Encouraging and promoting new skills and knowledge within the team.
- Autonomy in establishing objectives for your work area and delegating responsibility.