Head Resourcing are looking for a 1st Line Engineer based in Edinburgh, the role is for a managed services provider who places an emphasis on learning. The ideal candidate will have some experience working on an IT helpdesk and be familiar with Microsoft products and working in a customer focused environment.
After probation the successful candidate will be given half a day per week for additional training so they can upskill themselves. The role pays up to £30k and will be based in Edinburgh 2-3 days per week. Ideally this will be 5 days during probation period (3 months) This role does not offer sponsorship.
Offsite travel is also required so someone with access to a car and driving license is also required.
The main duties and responsibilities for the role are -
- Resolve 1st line Client Issues
- Provide helpdesk support by assisting end users with queries and issues.
- Provide advice and technical support to end-users.
- Work to targets and timescales, providing efficient and on-time services.
- Keep updated with the companies offerings, and any relevant industry updates, to provide the client best possible responses.
- Meet customer expectations and ensure a high level of customer service,
- Take feedback and develop upon personal initiatives to provide best practice service,
- Keep the client updated, to ensure they are being heard and their query is being actioned efficiently managed appropriately - this will ensure client relationships are strong and loyalty is built.
The key technical skills we are looking for are:
- Previous Service Desk/1st line experience
- Troubleshooting Windows and Apple Mac laptops
- Administration of Office 365
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Administration of Enterprise Antivirus and security management
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, wired and wireless networking technologies
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who:
- Will be able to display evidence of a good technical aptitude and a strong attention to detail.
- Will be able to prioritise and focus on their own workload.
- Will be a proactive and organised self-starter with excellent communication skills who is motivated to get the job done and be flexible in their approach.
- Is enthusiastic about opportunities to learn new skills and technologies and wants to drive their own development.
- Has excellent time management - is proficient in planning, organising and managing workload to maximise efficiency.