Snr/Lead DevOps Engineer
Posted on14th January 2020
Salary/Rate£65000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
About this job.
Head resourcing are looking for 4 top technical Lead Dev Ops candidates to join an exciting Start up client in Edinburgh city centre.
Our impressive, financially backed start up client who are building and implementing a low latency, high availability solution that can be used by a cross section of business partners across the world from their Edinburgh base.
With this product already implemented in a successful, Global and multi $ billion company with other opportunities in the pipeline, they are in a phase of growth to support the already incredible work undertaken by a small team in Central Edinburgh. This client don't believe in taking short cuts which will provide headaches in the future and so they have been carefully putting together a system that is sure to gain technical acclaim. With this in mind, they are only able to support the intake of highly technical and very experienced Senior Dev Ops people to the current small team
With a modern team, modern stack and high availability a requirement under high loads, the daily role includes technologies such as AWS, Kubernertes, Docker, Ansible, Varnish, nginx, ELK while always with a primary focus on security.
* You have advanced experience with modern DevOps in the Cloud, ideally with a combination of AWS, Google Cloud or Azure; our aim is to develop cloud agnostic capability
* You will have knowledge in one or more programming language, python, node, java and python
* You will understand CI/CD and can build a pipeline in a range of tools
* You will have expert knowledge of Linux, specifically RedHat Enterprise, ideally having a RHCE.
* You are comfortable with deployment and orchestration using Ansible (or perhaps chef/puppet)
* You will have commercial experience in clustered, scalable and load-balanced environments, understand quorums and be a dab hand with selinux application.
* You will be able to script in both bash and python.
* Designing, building and managing secure integration and deployment pipelines for Data Engineering products.
* Ensuring all steps in these processes are automated and observable.
* Recommend and test new data structures, and physical data layouts, to improve throughput and performance.
* Researching, testing and recommending best practice DevOps techniques as these fast moving technologies develop.
* Docker, Terraform, Varnish, Ansible, Java/PHP, Elastic stack, Penetration testing, Couchbase DB, Openshift deployment & maintenance experience
* You will be a self-starter who is proactive and keen to be involved and support the current team to ensure ongoing development coupled with out of hours support to fully embed the platform as they grow.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Appreciation in the value of detailed documentation