Senior Consultant - Manchester
Posted on14th March 2019
Our refSNR CON - MAN
About this job.
Head Resourcing specialises in IT, Digital and Business Change recruitment services within the UK. With offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester, we have been working as a preferred recruitment partner for many of our clients, across a range of sectors, since 2001.
Our vision is to be a great people business, by bringing great people together.
We want to exceed our clients' and candidates expectation. We never promise what we can't deliver and always try to leave a positive impression.
Our values are fundamental to our business and we strive to demonstrate these with clients, candidates and one another, every day:
We provide a great place to workWe are open and honest
We treat people with respectWe do things differently
About the Opportunity
We encourage and reward hard work and the achievement of financial targets, however, this is never to the detriment of service to our candidates, clients or indeed, one another. We believe that to be a good business you need to look after your people, treat them with respect and create a good working environment built on trust.
Therefore, to be successful in this role, you will:
* deliver your personal revenue commitments through the building and maintaining of good relationships with clients, candidates and colleagues, as well as the effective planning and organisation of your own portfolio
* develop new business opportunities with new and existing clients
* mentor Consultants and Resource Consultants
* proactively contribute to team strategy and direction
As a professional recruiter, you will also be expected to comply with employment legislation and REC best practice.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing Manchester team and use your talents to manage and develop a sustainable client base across multiple industries and help steer the team towards growth and success.
1. Key accountabilities include:
Execution of revenue commitments
* Working closely with your clients to analyse and understand job specifications and where necessary provide consultancy regarding your clients specifications
* Developing existing client relationships within accounts in order to identify new opportunities to increase levels of business in accounts, or cross-sell products or services
* Developing new client relationships through referrals, event attendance, face to face meetings, social media as well as your own network
* Advising and coaching candidates on interviewing techniques, (including competency based interviews) and present strong shortlists for clients to review
* Regular attendance at networking and client entertainment events to maximise opportunities to extend network and increase market knowledge
* Advising clients on market trends, skills availability and recruitment tools and techniques
* Proactively act as a role model in behaviours and skills for Consultants and Resource Consultant - share knowledge, learnings and good practice and provide constructive feedback to colleagues
* Ensuring client and candidate data is securely stored and privacy / confidentiality are maintained
* Continuously identify and evaluate risks to your client portfolio and take action to mitigate the risks
* Proactively identify barriers to optimum individual and team performance, highlighting any areas of concern immediately
2. Key Skills
* Successful track record within IT/Digital Recruitment
* A tenacious, honest, ethical and consultative approach
* Confident negotiator
* Strong organisational skills to be able to multitask and prioritise
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ideally have an established network of contacts within the Digital/Tech sector
* Confident using Social Media platforms including LinkedIn/Twitter and other on