Managing Consultant - Software Development
Posted on8th November 2018
About this job.
Head Resourcing is currently recruiting for a very unique opportunity in Edinburgh. Our client is a market leader in providing expert technology and IT advice to the companies across the UK and Europe. They offer services across advisory, managed service, and strategic and operational technology / IT improvement services - providing their client's with comprehensive reports across a multitude of points. They are looking to hire experienced IT professionals that are looking for a different challenge; this role will take you out of the day-to-day operational IT role you may currently have and put you into a role where you will be engaging with multiple clients at any given time across due diligence projects that last from three weeks to several months. Ideally your technology background will cover areas such as software product development, SAAS, or consulting - however any experience with cybersecurity, digital maturity, blockchain, IOT, or AI is particularly advantageous. If you are interested in a new challenge and keen to work for a small company that is currently growing at a rate of 30% year-on-year then please get in touch.
- Manage a portfolio of high level engagements with a sophisticated and highly demanding client base - providing due diligence and identifying opportunities for additional services.
- Work as part of a service delivery team that is responsible for high quality project / services and delivery of detailed reports to multiple clients
- Ensure that our client's commitments (in terms of scope, approach, timeframes etc.) are adhered to in line with internal processes for service delivery
- Work alongside due diligence teams and Head of Service Delivery to ensure highly accurate technical / commercial considerations are addressed, and review / approval process is completed before reports are delivered to client.
- Strong background in a senior IT role within a professional services environment
- Strong client management experience, ideally with a client facing role in a consulting environment or with a technology provider (such as a software vendor)
- A proven background working with c-level technology and IT professionals, typically from different backgrounds and with varying sector experience
- Proven project management experience
- Strong technical awareness across software product development with an ability to communicate highly technical subject matter to non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written communication - a proven ability to create well-structured and articulate reports
- Analytical mindset and an excellent attention to detail
- Any formal Project Management accreditation such as Prince2, PMP, CSM, or CAPM
- City centre location with excellent transport links
- Benefits package includes annual bonus and pension contributions
- Great opportunity to work in small company with a great culture, no egos, and a very team oriented environment