£400 - £500 per day + via an FCSA Umbrella Company
about 1 month ago
You will be working for a team who are responsible for developing and maintaining workflows and processes that connect colleagues from across the breadth of the business. As a developer within the team you will work with experienced colleagues to develop bespoke solutions that integrate a third party workflow and task management system with other business critical systems.
Enhancements require the development of custom web pages that integrate with the systems API and SQL Server Database. They also have a suite of services that provide application level integration points (using REST APIs), Web Sites and Synchronisations. They are part way through migration to a service-based architecture running in containers on Kubernetes and manage work through Azure DevOps with extensive use of automated testing and continuous integration.
Technical skills required include experience in the majority of the following:
- Services Development - C# / .NET Framework / .Net Core / Entity Framework - Modernise applications and service, Integrate with other systems using, REST APIs, Web Services and SQL Server & Oracle Databases.
- Database Development - SQL Server T-SQL / Oracle PL/SQL - The role will involve some database development - creating new views and integrating with Oracle and Business Intelligence solutions.
- Automated Testing - MSTest - The role involves building automated tests as part of our quality control process.
- Source Control - GIT - All code is held in GIT source control within Azure Dev Ops.
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Agile development
- Windows Server / IIS
- Continuous Integration / Delivery
- Reporting development
The role must be engaged via an FCSA accredited Umbrella company. The initial contracts will be for 6 months and predominantly remotely based with 1 - 2 days' weekly or fortnightly from the Edinburgh office as things continue to open up.
If the above details appeal to you and you have the relevant experience, PLEASE APPLY NOW to be considered for this Contract.
*** Our Client values diversity & welcomes applications from everyone ***