Business Analyst (6 month min FTC £45,000)
Head Resourcing have an opportunity to work with an incredible business who deliver financial support to some of the most deserving global charities whilst creating an excellent environment to learn and develop your skills in. This role has been created as the last individual in the post was promoted into a full time role.
To work across all departments of the business managing business needs, shaping and scoping ideas, eliciting requirements as part of the change process. To analyse the impact of changes on the business and to help define and deliver projects with the Project Manager and/or Programme Manager.
- Capture, document and manage business needs, shape and scope ideas throughout the project so that they align with key business objectives.
- Undertake analysis of current business processes to see what positive changes or efficiencies can be made. Document AS-IS, desired and TO-BE business processes.
- Gather, document and prioritise functional and non-functional requirements.
- Create high-level design, user stories and/or uses cases.
- Conduct impact and risk analysis for all upcoming projects.
- Perform cost / benefit and feasibility analysis for target solution.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to deliver changes as the business requires.
- Support the business change management process to achieve and sustain successful transition.
- Define benefit analysis plan, conduct benefit reviews.
- Produce regular status updates to the Project/Programme Manager.
- Build solid relationships across the business with all departments and key stakeholders.
- Help produce content for a business case if required
- Certification in business analysis methodologies.
- Experience working as a business analyst or in similar roles.
- Extremely well-developed analytical skills and well versed in a variety of business analysis and business alignment, change implementation, system modelling techniques.
- Experience focussing on the details, whilst never losing sight of the bigger picture, and prioritising clearly even when you're working on many projects simultaneously.
- Experience in a range of analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile environment.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles.
- Computer literate, fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and collaboration software programs, such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint.
- Degree in related field.
- Experience working with Product Owners and different stakeholders
- Daily communication with internal colleagues of all departments and team members via face to face, telephone, video conferencing and written communication methods requiring:
- Confident in communication, both written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Well-developed negotiation and influencing skills to find consensus.
- Frequent communication and building strong relationships with 3rd party suppliers of services.
- Able to provide business analysis mentoring to team members.
Whilst the core hours of the role will be 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday - Friday 9am to 5:30pm with options to work flexible hours out with the boundaries of core business hours (10am - 4pm), working out with these hours will be required around event times, where necessary time will be given in lieu. Travel may be required from time to time.
Due to the current circumstances surrounding Covid-19, this role will be based from home until it is safe to return to the office in line with government guidelines.