Infrastructure Engineer - Storage
Posted on29th November 2019
Salary/Rate£55000.00 - £82000.00 per annum + benefits and flexible working
About this job.
You will responsible for all hardware and software components within the block, file and object storage within the business. The vendors include: Dell EMC, NetApp, Cisco, Brocade, IBM, HPE and Symantec.
Responsibilities will include:
* Involved in Software Development processes and release controls
* Responsible for providing an engineering function to the Storage and Backup Service teams and all other Platform, Application and Data Base teams within the function
* Identifying opportunities for greater efficiency and optimisation within the storage and backup estate, to drive down the cost of these services
* Evaluating new storage and backup products
* Maintaining market awareness of new products that could potentially offer improved value to the business
To be successful in this role your storage and backup experience is essential and should include some of the following:
* Fibre Channel SAN Infrastructure
* Block Storage Infrastructure: EMC Symmetrix, HPE 3PAR InServ/StoreServ
* Network Attached Storage: NetApp FAS
* Object Storage: EMC Elastic Cloud Storage, AWS S3
* Backup and recovery: Veritas NetBackup, EMC NetWorker, Data Domain, IBM LTO
* Software Defined Storage: VMware vSAN, Ceph
In return you will receive a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package. They also offer flexible working options including home working every week.
If you are interested in this position, please attach an update CV with your application.