Graduate Software Engineer - Edinburgh
Posted on14th May 2019
Salary/Rate10% pension, PHI, life assurance
About this job.
Head Resourcing is working with a highly innovative global technology company in Edinburgh that is keen to recruit talented Graduates looking to secure their first role. Our client is an acknowledged leader in providing highly quality technical products that are used in a number of industries such as robotics, autonomous vehicles, and the military / defence sector. You will work in a highly talented Engineering team, delivering projects primarily in C code on both embedded and non-embedded systems Suitable candidates will be able to grow with the company as it continues its expansion, learning new technologies and taking on more responsibility as your knowledge and ability blossoms. You will be expected to contribute across a wide range of subjects and tasks and will play an important role in the ongoing expansion of our client's product range.
- Degree in Electronics, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Good programming experience from university gained in C, C++, Python, or similar
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn new skills in a commercial environment
- Keen to work in a team environment
- Any experience with GNU / Linux programming
- Any experience of networking protocols such as TCP/IP or Ethernet
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or TCL.
- Excellent salary and benefits package (including 10% pension, private health insurance, life assurance)
- Opportunity to learn new technical skills in a supportive and collaborative team
- Working in a highly technical environment in an organisation that encourages innovation
- Good transport links locally