Chief Operational Officer
Head Senior Appointments is delighted to be assisting one of Edinburgh’s most promising tech start-ups, Mark To Market, in their search for a Chief Operating Officer. Mark To Market provides robust market insight to clients through valuation of private companies. They are quickly establishing a sound reputation among established investment and finance organisations across the UK.
As the company continues to go from strength to strength, they need a COO to implement further policy and procedure within the organisation and offer additional perspective as part of the senior management team. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be expected to invest themselves in the goals and vision of Mark To Market. If you have extensive experience managing change and fulfilling a similar role in a mature business environment or start-up company, we would be pleased to hear from you. The ability to build consensus and consider a variety of perspectives is key. An ideal candidate would combine relevant experience in both large corporate and start-up environments. This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside individuals whose genuine passion for the business is evident.
Responsibilities will include:
- Put in place infrastructure, policies and procedures for all AoR. This may be done in-house or through running competitive tenders for third party services.
- Supervise and implement talent acquisition, headcount management, training and development, performance management and compensation
- Manage 3rd supply relationships for those AoR. Ensure that all AoR are managed in line with the firm’s planned growth trajectory.
- Develop and manage operating budgets that advance organizational goals while maintaining appropriate cost controls.
- Work with other senior management to resolve day to day issues and be part of the senior management team shaping the strategy and direction of the company.
- Design and collate information packs, dashboards and KPIs for management, the Board and shareholders.
For more information on this role click here.
If you would like to discuss this role with Mark to Market in more detail please contact James Dove on 0131 625 9614 or email@example.com for a confidential chat.