Linux System Administrator
Posted on12th October 2017
Salary/Rate£40000 - £43000 per annum
About this job.
The ideal candidate will have strong Linux skills and general 3rd line support experience. As well as working in your area of expertise, you will be expected to cross-train in other technical areas to ultimately provide a broader range of support.
We need you to have…
* Good technical knowledge of RHEL providing technical guidance and support to colleagues and stakeholders
* Ability to work to challenging timescales and deliver to planned schedules
* Experience working within and supporting large multi-platform environments
* Experience in the administration of large multi-platform environments
* Knowledge of reviewing/updating playbooks
* Good overall understanding of multi-platform applications, constituent components and their interoperability
* Good knowledge shell scripting
* Good problem solving skills
* Qualified to an appropriate level in Technical Specialism
* Use and interpretation of information/diagnostic tools
* Knowledge of deploying applications both from installers and as individual components
We would like you to have...
* Knowledge of RHEL Satellite/Puppet
* Experience of Process Improvements and Lean Methodology
* Experience of facilitating groups of technical people
* Experience in the Financial Services industry
If you have any of the above skills and are keen on an opportunity where you can get stuck in and pick up learn some new technologies on the way, send us an application or get in touch directly!